Meet Dr. Healy
After graduating at the top of his dental class, Dr. Healy was selected to be one of only four residents in the University of Tennessee Orthodontics Department. This three-year orthodontic residency is known for its intensive clinical training and for being one of the oldest orthodontic programs in the South.
Dr. Healy was selected as Chief Resident during his final year at the University of Tennessee and graduated with a Certificate in Orthodontics and Master of Dental Science. After graduating, he completed the exams necessary to become a Board Certified Orthodontist, like Dr. Blake, a distinction held by only one in three orthodontists in the United States.
Honors and Awards
During his orthodontic career Dr. Healy was honored to receive the following awards:
- Chief Resident, University of Tennessee Orthodontics Department
- Recipient of the Alliance of the Texas Dental Association Scholarship
- Distinguished Scholar Award at Tulane University
Dr. Healy is an active member of the following organizations:
- The American Association of Orthodontics
- Diplomate; The American Board of Orthodontics
- The University of Tennessee Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Southwest Society of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
Outside the Office
“In his free time Dr. Healy still likes to play sports and workout, as well as explore the Houston area, attend church, and spend time with his wife, Cindy, and their families. Cindy is an OB/GYN at the same Memorial Hermann hospital he was actually born in over three decades ago! And it is the same hospital that they plan to deliver their first child at later this spring!
There are many exciting life changes to come in the near future, and he is so thrilled to get to share them with our new orthodontic family at Kingwood Orthodontics!